Friday, April 3, 2009




I wasn’t too sure about scrambling up the narrow sandstone fin that leads to Navajo arch, but the men wanted to do it, and I wanted to set a good example for Supersim. So after we saw Landscape Arch, we continued up the “trail” (narrow sandstone fin mentioned above) to Navajo Arch, which I had never seen.

Halfway up the rock, the wind started to blow like crazy and it started to snow on us. When we got past the sandstone and reached more level ground, the snow stopped and the sun came out. We all peeled off our hats and gloves. Ten minutes later, it was snowing again. By the time we got to the arch, the sun was out again. We had the place to ourselves (something about hiking uphill on slickrock in the snow, I guess) so I took lots of pictures.

Mimi waited for us at Landscape Arch. She said she was worried about us when it started to snow, but we were fine! Personally, I prefer cool spring hiking to blazing hot summer hiking.

No comments: